A Welcome Message from Your PTA President....
Greetings fellow GATORS! Welcome back to all returning families and a huge welcome to our new families for 2017-2018! You are now part of the best community of families, teachers, and staff! I am so excited to again be your PTA president and work with all the amazing members of our Combs community. The Combs PTA is an integral part of the Gator family and is one of the most active PTAs in Wake County. We were able to deliver over 30 programs last year through our volunteer efforts. The year, our PTA will continue to focus on providing programs (educational, cultural, technological, leadership and more) and will benefit each and every student at A.B. Combs. These programs are funded through donations, business contributions, grants, and proceeds from our fundraisers.
All of this takes the hard work and dedication of our community members. Each one of us has different skills, talents, and resources that are desperately needed to make Combs what it is. For some, it is volunteering in our classrooms. For others, it is heading up or joining a committee that brings something special to our students. We all want the very best education and experience for our children, and that is why we must all individually do whatever we can to make it happen. Even 1 hour of time is worth so much. Please get involved and meet your fellow Combs families. You will not regret it!
During our meeting at the Curriculum Nights (September 18th, 19th, and 20th), I will outline the PTA goals for the 2017-2018 school year and offer ways in which parents can participate in A.B. Combs’ success. In the meantime, please remember to support these ongoing fundraising efforts:
- Harris Teeter Together in Education Once a year, simply link your Harris Teeter VIC card to Combs - school code 1963 - upon checkout and the store will match a portion of every dollar you spend back to our school. You must relink each year!
- Amazon Smile If you shop on Amazon, please consider shopping through https://smile.amazon.com/ using A.B. Combs PTA as your designated charitable organization. Amazon will then donate a portion of your purchase price to Combs.
- Box Tops for Education Thanks to the families who diligently clipped and sent in Box Tops with their children. Combs received almost $3000 from this program last year! Start saving and sending in your Box Tops today so we can top that number this year!
Communication is Key! Stay informed:
- Join the PTA and attend meetings
- Like AB Combs PTA on Facebook
- Follow @ABCombsPTA on Twitter
- View the school website and visit the PTA section for the latest news
Please join me, the PTA Board, and our entire community as we embark on the quest to ensure that Combs reaches its greatest potential. Do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions, comments, ideas or just to say hello. Have a wonderful year and I hope to see you around our school!
PTA President, 2017-2018